The life and times of the younger, lesser spotted chicken.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

this music will change your life

I found some amazing Trance type music. It's this random swedish dudes mixes of about an hour in length. They're really kief. Starts off really chilled and then works up, quite awesome to geek to :-) It's at Da-La.com, under the mixes section. Personally, I prefer the first "Digital Alchemy" mix, especially around 18 minutes in. Wow.

Tomorrow the journey back home to Durban starts. It's a grueling ten hour trip through the Transkei and other spectacular places. Me and Jen are gonna start the journey at 3am tomorrow morning. She's working all day, and then going to a "rap" party (See, thats what they call an end of project party in the "industry") so won't be much company in the car tomorrow :-P Nonetheless, I will be getting to sleep pretty early and then waking up to drive most (if not all) of the way.

The whole "driving all the way" thing is not because of Jen's driving, or her keen-ness for driving, but rather my enjoyment of, driving. I really enjoy doing the whole journey from here, taking Sopwith to new boundaries :-) Sopwith is, nevertheless, just a camel (Sopwith is my jade 1994 Toyota Conquest). Yah, so I really enjoy driving the distance, and if I do happen to get tired, I will let Jen step in and takeover (no matter how bad her driving is - j/k). Durban will be plentiful with food and rest. I am so keen on not having to cook for myself for a while, this year has been so hectic with that. Sometimes you miss the ease of residence, where food is prepared with or without you three times a day. It's not good food... but it's food that you didn't have to prepare yourself. But then again, residence had more than one "minus side".

Today is gonna be filled with doing things that need to be done before I leave. At least I don't have to pack up my room anymore, and leaving with the knowledge that everything will be exactly how it was when I left, is spectacular.

I've been thinking about ways to improve PuddleTV again. I'm sure I can come up with some awesome new ways to improve it, just need some time to think about it. Maybe the ability to make MPlayer show you whats coming up next? I use osd_cat to do my "messaging" to the viewer, it overlays on MPlayer so well, and because of it's customizability, I can make it stand out quite nicely. osd_cat is part of the xosd package. All you have to do is pipe any output to osd_cat and it displays it onto your X environment. So a way to make it show the next item coming up in the schedule shouldn't be too difficult, I will think about it over the holidays, as well as other ideas I need to implement when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home