The life and times of the younger, lesser spotted chicken.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Jozi and the Giant

I feel the beat of Jozi's heart, throbbing deeply beneath my feet.

I'm in Joburg visiting Jen's family and the trip has been nothing short of intense. We meet with family and friends countless times a day and rush around the spaghetti freeway of Jozi like a tunneling ferret. I'm tired. I've forgotten what it's like to sleep in till lunch and pass the day with geeking. I am keen to return to the chilled out vibes that course through the veins of the Puddle and greater Grahamstown.

The visit to Jozi has been amazing though, meeting Jen's family (although nerve racking at times) has been really awesome and I'm glad to now know my extended family :-)

We toured Constitution Hill yesterday, which was incredible. I had no idea what to expect and after wandering through that life changing piece of history, I now have so much more respect for our country and realisation of the challenges we face in advancing from our troubled past. I plan on blogging a whole lot more about it, upon returning to Rhodes. Right now, I wait for Jen's highlights to take effect and her hair dressing appointment to approach completion. Have you ever noticed how much hair she actually has!? ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also going to blog about it a lot ;)
http://radbrad.rucus.net/news/111

It is a really wonderous place though. I think that everyone in ZA should really pass through there...just to get a taste of history and the sense of renewal the permeates the whole place.

3:28 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jozi does have a pulsing heart. jen does have a lot of hair. she should cut it. thanks.

6:22 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home